One of the challenges of weight loss is managing your calorie intake during the day. It's not feasible to go without snacking all day long, so the best bet is to find satisfying foods with low calorie contents. Here's five suggestions you can make at home.
1. Bananas - These are a great snack anytime, especially first thing in the morning. During the day, you can make your own frozen bananas dipped in chocolate to help you get through the day
2. Avocado Wrap- take a small corn tortilla, some avocado or guacamole, a little bit of Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt, and some shredded cheddar for a quick nutrient boost
3. Small Chicken Salad - grab a handful of chopped romaine or mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a few slices of grilled boneless chicken breast with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil for some midday protein infusion and a low-sodium option
4. Hard Boiled Egg - simple but satisfying. Three plain eggs with a little salt is fine. You can also spice it up by mixing the yolk with some mustard to make deviled eggs, or mash with some mayo to make egg salad.
5. Black Bean Soup or Salad - high in fiber and rich in protein, black beans can help you get through the day. Cooked into a simple soup or mixed with some corn, diced tomatoes and a splash of vinegar, black beans make an excellent choice for a quick snack.
Looking for help to build a wellness program? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org